Depending on the level of study, our BtoB+ English programs develop
- early reading skills, with a focus on phonics and other decoding strategies that will help younger children grasp the fundamentals of sound patterns and word structures;
- vocabulary acquisition and mastery of written language conventions, including spelling, grammar, and sentence structure, as well as proven strategies for the effective editing of written work;
- critical reading and analysis of both non-fiction and fiction texts, including poetry, media forms, short stories, and extended novel studies;
persuasive, critical, and creative writing, with an emphasis on all steps of the writing and revision process.
Depending on the level of study, the BtoB+ Math programs emphasize
- arithmetical operations, including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division, with an emphasis on mastering these fundamentals in order to free up the working memory necessary for higher-order thinking in later grades;
- pattern recognition, number sense, and numeration, as well as the measurement, sorting, and analysis of different types of data;
- introductory geometry and the development of spatial sense;
- synthesis of mathematical understanding, focusing on reasoning skills and the communication and application of mathematical thinking in different contexts.
Back to Basics and Beyond (BtoB+) is designed as an ongoing program with sessions scheduled at the discretion of the client, offering both flexibility and convenience. Each program also involves the purchase of curriculum materials specially designed to optimize learning outcomes.